– Framed – Video for Full Background on Canton Cover-Up Story
– Donate to the Karen Read Legal Defense Fund
– See all parts of the Canton Cover-Up Series
– Watch the Live Shows and Videos
– Join ”Justice for John O’Keefe and Karen Read” FB Group
On Tuesday at 2 PM I will have another hearing in Stoughton District Court for an emergency protective order for my phones and computer.motion for protective order
We are asking for 4 main things:
- An order preventing the corrupt cops I’ve been writing about from looking through my phone.
- The appointment of a taint team headed by a neutral party to screen the devices and prevent police from accessing privileged information.
- That the Commonwealth pay for this.
- The return of all my devices, including the old iPhones I haven’t used in years.
As my Attorney Tim Bradl pointed out, I am being targeted not because I broke the law, but because I practice advocacy journalism that has been embarrassing and exposing the same corrupt public officials who are now prosecuting me. This has never happened before in Massachusetts, as they are weaponizing the witness intimidation statute in an effort to silence me. They seized the tools of my trade and arrested me at my children’s bus stop in a blatant attempt to scare me out of reporting on their criminal behavior.
My two active phones and one active computer contain:
- Privileged communications between me and my attorneys in ongoing lawsuits, including the Jamie Genereux lawsuit in Middlesex Superior Court, the Julia Mejia lawsuit in Suffolk Superior Court, and another matter in district court.
- Messages from thousands of confidential sources, who only shared information with me under the promised condition of anonymity. All of these people are having their privacy potentially violated as well.
- Messages from sources within the State Police who have bravely come forward on stories I’ve work on involving police corruption, including the 2017 Troopergate story, and the Karen Read case. This is just a way for Michael Proctor and Brian Tully to find out who’s been snitching on them.
- Exculpatory evidence I can use to defend myself, including text messages, pictures, and other data that will prove intent of my actions.
- Materials involving other stories I’ve been working on that don’t involve Karen Read.
- Private medical information.
- Private, personal communications with friends and family.
I’ve been involved in lawsuits before where the people suing me have attempted to order judges to hand over my text and email communications, which judges have denied because of reporter’s privilege. The Commonwealth is attempting to weaponize the witness intimidation statute to get around that.
All of this is just a fishing expedition by a bunch of corrupt cops to find out who’s been providing me information about their criminal behavior. It’s all based off of a suspicion that I’m conspiring with their real target, Karen Read, to target the people who are framing her for murder.
I look forward to my day in court on Tuesday, November 28.