Peabody Woman Claims Man Kidnapped Her Son In Front Of Her, Changes Story Several Times, Has Extensive Criminal History
For a more colorful analysis of this blog click here to read NSTB’s take on it.
The media is reporting a story about an attempted kidnapping in Peabody that has people on edge, but something seems off about the story.
Police are searching for a man who reportedly tried to abduct a 9-year-old boy near a school. Officers responded to Swampscott Avenue near the Welch School in Peabody around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday after receiving a report of an attempted abduction of a child, police said in a statement Wednesday. The boy told police that he was walking with his scooter when a man approached him from behind, covered his mouth and dragged him to the Welch School parking lot. The boy was able to break free and run home. He was not injured.
Police and a K9 unit searched the area but found nothing. The suspect is described as a dark-skinned male, approximately 5 feet, 9 inches tall and wearing a red hooded sweatshirt and red hat. Investigators are asking anyone who may have information about this incident to call Peabody Police at 978-531-1212. School officials notified parents of the incident in a safety alert on Wednesday.
PEABODY: A 9y/o boy says he was nearly kidnapped while walking with his scooter. The boy told police the man approached him from behind, & covered his mouth & dragged him to the Welch School parking lot. @boston25 pic.twitter.com/nfgrw9WJfz
— Malini Basu (@MaliniBasu_) May 23, 2019
The mother’s name is Tiffany Gordon, and her version of the story is very different from the one the Peabody Police reported.
She’s added many twists to the tale since initially posting. Like the 12 year old who was also nearly kidnapped up the road.
Which hasn’t been reported by the police or any news media.
Here’s some other things that would lead you to cast doubt about her story:
- Peabody police said there were no witnesses, but Mom says there were a bunch of people in broad daylight who saw it happened and did nothing to stop it
- No one would ever be able to recount the details she did. She says that her son’s head was down and when he got away he didn’t look back. Of course she added this because she wanted to have an explanation as to why her son couldn’t explain what the guy kidnapping him looked like.
- She was feet away from this guy and just let it happen? Sure thing.
- In order to be able to see that the perp was loosening his grasp with the hand holding the child, and tightening his grasp on the scooter, she would’ve had to have been literally right next to him. And again, she did nothing. Pass.
- More importantly, why would the kidnapper be so concerned about bringing the scooter with him? No kidnapper is going to prioritize the scooter over the kid they’re kidnapping.
- The police report says it happened at 8:30 but she says it happened at 6:30.
- The police report and news state that the kid was dragged towards a school parking lot, but Mom says he was dragged towards the woods.
Then there’s the credibility factor:
She was just arrested in Salem for shoplifting a week ago.
She adds new elements to the story every time someone brings up a legitimate question.
Somehow after watching her son get kidnapped in front of her eyes she didn’t know that she was supposed to call the police. Makes sense.
She’s posted the press release from the school as further evidence.
Even though that proves nothing and contradicts several aspects of her story.
She’s very defensive when you bring up her grammar skills, and immediately pivots to “ITS NOT MADE UP.”
She wasn’t expecting people to question it. She was more hoping that people like this would blindly go along with it.
Well, the mainsrteam media certainly did.
Because they’re interested in clickbait headlines. But then again this is why TB Daily News exists – to cover the real news the MSM is too afraid to.
The most unfortunate part about this is that it’s going to lead to racial profiling since she said that the kidnapper was an average height hispanic male. Hopefully the police realize that this is an obvious lie and give her the justice that Jussie Smollett should’ve received.
Please consider supporting local journalism by donating to the Turtle fund:
Follow us on Youtube, SoundCloud, Twitter, and Facebook.
Hello Turtle Riders. As you know if you follow Turtleboy we are constantly getting censored and banned by Facebook for what are clearly not violations of their terms of service. Twitter has done the same, and trolls mass reported our blog to Google AdSense thousands of times, leading to demonitization. We can get by and survive, but we could really use your help. Please consider donating by hitting the PayPal button above if you’d like support free speech and what we do in the face of Silicon Valley censorship. Or just buy our award winning book about the dangers of censorship and rise of Turtleboy: