After much delay due to COVID restrictions (the science now says it’s safe to golf), the first ever Turtle Rider Cup Golf Tournament will finally taking place at Kettle Brook Golf Club in Paxton on Monday July 26, at 10 AM. Here’s the details:
- We need a minimum of 100 golfers to sign up in order to do a shotgun start where everybody tees off at the same time on different holes
- If we get under 100 golfers (I’m pretty confident we can get over 100) then we will do tee times every 9 minutes
- Registration would be at 9 AM, but you must sign up in advance
- Price to register is $125, or $400 if you can put a foursome together, and includes a cart, scoring, free specialty made Turtleboy golf t-shirt, and a luncheon buffet
- There will be raffles afterwards, and if you would like to donate something to the giveaway please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People or businesses who want to sponsor a hole for $100 each will get a custom sign that we make and will be placed at the beginning of the hole.
Click here to register to golf or sponsor a hole. I’m really looking forward to this and meeting some turtle riders. I chose Kettle Brook because it’s owned by the good folks who own Wachusett Country Club, which bravely defied Charlie Baker’s lockdown orders and got him to back down and begin opening up the state.