Westfield Transportation Should Be Held Responsible For Hiring 2 Time Drunk Driver And Drug Addict, And Multiple Safety Violations
In the last 24 hours more news has been reported about Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, the truck driver arrested yesterday for killing 7 bikers in New Hampshire, as well as Westfield Transportation, the company he worked for.
- Zhukovskyy was arrested on May 11 in East Windsor, CT for driving drunk at 10:15 in the morning. Typically people who are drunk that early aren’t out partying, they’re alcoholics. He posted bail and was due back in court on June 26, but it appears as if he has bigger problems now.
- Mass State Police found pockets of “suspected” heroin at his home in West Springfield. Remarkably he had three days to clean out his house of any incriminating evidence, but he couldn’t be bothered to get rid of the drugs, even though he just killed 7 people. Apparently going to the beach took priority.
- His license was suspended for 210 days in 2013 because he was deemed to be an “immediate threat” after a DUI arrest in Westfield.
- A mugshot of Zhukovskyy from Baytown, Texas, purporting to show that he as arrested for terroristic threats. However, the mugshot appears to align with the charges above his head for possessing drug paraphernalia, not the charges of terroristic threats below him.
- This February incident in Texas aligns with what our source told us, that he tipped over a truck down there and was fired from a job for doing so. Of course he had drug stuff on him because he obviously has a very serious drug problem.
- According to a man who claims to be the nephew of one of the deceased riders, Zhukovskyy didn’t jackknife the truck at all. Rather, the truck was in the wrong lane, and veered at the last minute to avoid the bikers, who then ran into the flatbed that Zhukovskyy was hauling.
- This would suggest that he was under the influence of drugs at the time of the crash.
- Westfield Transportation, has a long and documented history of violations. They employ only five drivers, but the infractions include multiple speeding violations, failure to stay in lanes, 14-hours of service compliance violations, failing to maintain their electronic logging devices, 31 vehicle maintenance violations, 11 driver fitness violations, driving a CMV while disqualified, driver not being able to read or speak the English language sufficiently, and twice drivers of their’s were caught driving with drugs on them.
It goes without saying that Zhukovskyy deserves prison time for what he’s done. However, Westfield Transportation is getting off relatively easy. Their assets should be seized and their business shutdown until an investigation has been completed. This is a business that hired a 23 year old with two DUI’s, including one last month, who just three months earlier tipped over a truck in truck in Texas and was fired. A man with a long and documented substance abuse problem. A company that seems to prefer to hire Russians who don’t speak English, despite their criminal backgrounds and the danger they present on the road.
Westfield Transportation is the real problem here for allowing this to happen, and they have blood on their hands.
Please consider supporting local journalism by donating to the Turtle fund:
Follow us on Youtube, SoundCloud, Twitter, and Facebook.
Hello Turtle Riders. As you know if you follow Turtleboy we are constantly getting censored and banned by Facebook for what are clearly not violations of their terms of service. Twitter has done the same, and trolls mass reported our blog to Google AdSense thousands of times, leading to demonitization. We can get by and survive, but we could really use your help. Please consider donating by hitting the PayPal button above if you’d like support free speech and what we do in the face of Silicon Valley censorship. Or just buy our award winning book about the dangers of censorship and rise of Turtleboy: